Happy New Year! What did you wish for? Of course, first and foremost on my wish list is good and improved health for my family and myself. We're gonna get there, it may take some time but we'll all get there in the end, I know it! We're going to get ourselves thorough testing and really get to the root of what's up. And get it sorted .. so that's my 2015 in a nutshell. And yours?
Oh my word, I am beyond excited about this latest project I'm involved in. 85 Amazing AIP Breakfasts. And judging by the number of times people have said "I have no idea what to eat for breakfast" makes me think you're gonna be excited too. Wow, this is a truly special E-Book with 85 recipes written with breakfasting on the AIP in mind. Yet again, the AIP blogging community has pulled together and this time brings you this fantastic recipe collection and you are going to love it!
You know what I'm most excited about? So many of the contents are suitable for GAPS people too, big fat yay! This means that not everything relies on high starches or the thickeners that so many gluten free recipes rely on and, of course, we are talking good, honest, real, low allergen food that is not only going to help bring inflammation down but will also give you a great start to the day. And you can't say better than that!!
Fancy a sample recipe? Here's AIP Breakfast Stack.
AIP Breakfast Stack
4 slices AIP-friendly bacon
1 pound ground turkey
1 medium zucchini, grated coarsely
1/4 teaspoon dried sage
couple of pinches of salt
coconut oil (if needed)
4 large flat mushrooms, stalks removed
2 medium avocados, stone and skin removed juice of one small lemon
rocket or watercress leaves
- Fry bacon in a large, dry skillet over medium
heat until crispy. Set bacon aside. Leave fat in pan.
- In a bowl, blend the turkey, zucchini, sage and a pinch of salt. Form into 6 patties. Refrigerate 2 for a snack later; cook 4 now.
- If there’s not enough bacon fat in the skillet, add a little coconut oil. Cook patties 5-6 minutes per side. Check they are fully cooked throughout and then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add mushrooms to skillet along with a splash of water. Cook a few minutes each side, until they turn golden. Turn off the heat.
- Quickly mash the avocado flesh together with a pinch of salt and the lemon juice.
- To assemble: place the upturned mushroom on a plate and arrange a small tangle of the watercress or rocket leaves on top. Place the turkey and zucchini patty on top of that and finish with a spoonful of guacamole and a slice of bacon. Eat while hot.
Pretty tempting huh? Fancy winning a copy? Well click HERE to go the landing page. This gives you all the information you need to know about this new E-Book, plus the opportunity to join in the Rafflecopter for your chance of getting one of TEN COPIES for free!
Happy New Year ... Happy New Year of Breakfasting 🙂
Leave a Reply