See that little Buddha in the top pic? He came home with us from a stay in Kuala Lumpur many years ago. I brought a much larger one too – a weighty statue that I, despite being told how crazy I was, insisted on carrying back to London (hand luggage), together with an overflowing backpack, bout of love sickness and an even worse case of traveller’s tummy. My then boyfriend (now hub) left his job in the City, travelled the world for a year and spent a lot of it in South East Asia which is where I joined in the fun for a month, before leaving him to continue to Australia and beyond. Travelling through Thailand, Malaysia and onward to Singapore was exciting for many new experiences. One of them being the memorable food.
A second week in South East Asia, recipe-speaking that is, has me now yearning for its warmer climes and spicier food. You may think of the AIP as having snatched away the majority of spices from our table, but don’t talk of hardship when you have the likes of ginger, turmeric, fish sauce and coconut aminos (amongst others) to play around with. Add in the zest and juice of a lime and a collection of vibrant herbs, you’ll find today’s recipe full of flavour and excitement. You may forget you’re even on a healing diet – wouldn’t that be good?
Some other good things happening this week –
• Managed to persuade my sleep deprived son to join me in The Paleo Mom’s “Go to Bed Challenge“, which starts on Sunday. Take the test to see if you need this in your life
• On the subject of sleep, I enjoyed Eileen’s podcast on the subject of meditation
• If you ever feel a bit lonely with your AI disease or fancy having a like-minded friend, have a look at Erin’s Pen Pal Programme, submissions (which are free btw) end on the 8th
• Angie’s SAD to AIP in Six has opened for enrolment (course starts on March 7th) – if you haven’t heard of it, this course is designed to set you on the right track on your healing journey. If you’re new to the Protocol, need a helping hand or some moral support, this could be for you!
• And finally there’s a new e-book in town! We all know the importance of eating organ meat for healing, right? Take a look at Gabriella’s brand spanking newly published ‘Organ Meat Makeover‘ for some hints on how to maximise your intake.
Find today’s recipe over on Mickey and Angie’s blog, Autoimmune-Paleo.
Happy weekend x